Only two trailers at Buckingham tonight (it's over there).

Left Lafayette at 6:30 this morning determined to get in a full morning's fishing and was glad I did.  It more than made up for tonight's shellacking. Fished from 7:30 this evening until 9:15 with every cast at a rising fish.  Got about a dozen refusals, hooked and landed a 12 inch bass, and two rainbows one 8 inches,  the other 17.  There were a few black caddis and very small (think pseudos) spinners on the water early and a very good sulfur spinner fall late, the fish paid them no mind. They were too busy eating midges.

Occupied myself on the trip down counting dead deer, 7 if you are wondering.  Should have given my annual - Watch out for the yearling deer - warning a good three weeks ago.

 As long as we are counting, last Friday there were about 25 trailers at Buckingham when I went by and my GHOF said there were a combo of 17 cars and trailers at Stockport when he went by.  Shehawken had more cars and trailers than you could count and the Balls Eddy lot was full almost out to the road. Both game land lots were full to overflowing with wade fishermen's cars. I just can't believe someone would park the 17th car at upper gamelands and walk down to the river so they could watch 30 boats go by.

The Friday drive was made to see where the green drake spinner fall was scheduled to take place. I knew right away where I wasn't going to fish.  I've fished a good many GD spinner falls and had some great fishing but not on the Delaware River System.  Don't like crowds.  Drove up Rte.30 along the UEB, where the lower section was crowded with drake chasers. Had to go above Corbett before I found a spot with but one car and a lone fisherman donning his waders. We talked for 15 minutes about the crowded conditions and how we both liked to fish alone and then we each headed in seperate directions. He was gone when I made my way back to the car, hope he did as well as I did.

If anyone is keeping score, I may have set a modern day record for most consecutive days fished on the DRS without having had a boat float by.  The last boat to float past me was on May 26th which is 7 fishing days ago (and still counting).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.