Maybe Mrs Haskins was giving me a grade.

Last night I was in bed typing the "Some Habits Are Hard To Break" page when the good fairy tapped me on the shoulder and said  "It's time for you to go to sleep". I dutifully closed the PC cover, set it on the floor and dozed off. When I awoke this morning I took the laptop out to the kitchen table to read the paper and to see if the Troutfitter Tech staff had added the new page to their site. At the last second I decided to see how it ended as I couldn't seem to quite remember. It's a good thing I did because some people might have thought I was sleeping on the job, for right after  the word Because in paragraph six, someone had obviously hacked into my computer and added six nice neat rows of small c's. Our in house TI (or is it IT?) is on it and you can be sure that nothing important or relevant to the investigation will be erased.

 Had to take a drive over to the Home Depot in Honesdale this morning. Last time I drove on 191 south the road was a complete disaster with 10 inch deep pot holes everywhere. Today I drove on a repaved highway and never had a car in front or behind me the entire way. Picked up what I came for (called ahead to make sure they had it) and was back home in an hour and a half.  Made some phone calls, had lunch and before I knew it, it was almost 2:00.

The fishing - Drove up to Deposit in time to catch one hatchery fish before the rain hit. A bolt of lightning came down with the thunder boom so close that I never got past the O in one. Called Dave at the Troutfitter to see what the radar showed. He said everything would be past Deposit by about 8:00 (it was 4:45). With the fog thickening I decided to head downstream. When I got past the fog I looked for a riff where perhaps there were fish eating isos. There were, and they saved my bacon after all, no one wants to avert a skunking with one 11 inch hatchery fish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.