There's no tick-tock on your electric clock, but still your life runs down.

Will be starting my eighth decade on the planet before the "traditional" April 1st trout season opening day. Looked at pictures from my high school classes' last reunion along with the obit notices posted on the class web page and came away feeling lucky. As I've no doubt mentioned before, it's been a goal of mine to be able to wade trout streams at 80. Down in Florida I took my five mile bike ride and did my mile and a quarter walk almost every day. The arthritis in my hands and wrists has hampered what little upper body weight work I do as the increased pain in the hands was more than offsetting any gains in the upper body muscles. Gave the fifteen pound dumbbells to my sixty- five year old fishing partner. Unless something unforeseen happens, I'll be ready to go when the flies start hatching.

Based on the fact that only a few of you recognize excerpts taken from songs that were popular during my school years, I assume that most of you are a good bit younger than I am. If you don't consider it an invasion of your privacy, it would be interesting to know your ages. Anyone willing to fess up, just add your age after your name (Ed S- 61) when making a comment. I'm betting there are at least a few of you out there that are in the over 80 crowd.

I spent some of my idle time this winter getting last years blog entries set up in book form. Was amazed at the number of comments. If I end up publishing the book, my plan would be to include the comments.  If anyone wants theirs deleted before publication please let me know and I'll be glad to erase them. Last year I set up the blog entries into book form but never actually published them. If nothing else it lets me look back on the year and recall both the good and bad days with much greater clarity than is provided by my  somewhat terse log book entries.

With no bone fishing trip scheduled, Jean and I are watching the weather and will be heading north as soon as the extended forecast is to our liking. 

Comments

  1. looking forward to another season of your observations.
    -jimi 45

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.