All my life's a circle.

 

Headed down to the Lordville Estate about nine this morning after watching a nice buck decide  not to tend the scrape I was perched above. Drove through Deposit where the Troutfitter Shop was dark and closed for the season. My fishing equipment did not make the trip. Had far too many things to do in the few hours of daylight we are currently being allotted.

The doe with two fawns was in the backyard when I arrived and was joined by the orphaned button buck who spends his time either bedded down in my flower garden or walking around under the peach trees looking for the peaches he grew so fond of in September.

Arrived with a trailer full of wood hitched to Jean's car (it has the trailer hitch) and spent the first hour replenishing the wood I burned this season. As if by magic both wood piles topped out just below the garage windows. Was interrupted by the button buck who walked up between the house and the garage and stood watching the wood stacking operation. A river friend and fellow Lordville fisherman  stopped by to review the season and the mail lady tooted and waived as she went by.

With the wood stacked, I went into the camp, washed the kitchen and bathroom floors and commenced the water draining process. Once it was underway, I got out the ladder and blew out the gutters, put up the storm windows, and started in on the leaves. When the battery operated blower ran out of juice I started up the lawn mower and cut up both the remaining leaves and the grass. The kitchen clock said 5:08 when I loaded the last box of miscellaneous items into the car and headed for home. Was surprised when I noticed the clock in the car said it was only 4:08, then I remembered a couple years ago when I made the same mistake (the camp clock refuses to fall back), and actually had time to get in a couple of hours of productive fishing. 

It's been a good season, didn't catch as many fish as the last three years but more than enough to keep me satisfied. I'm only sorry that the season seems to spin by faster every year while the bonefish less winter months now seem to drag. Have had fun writing the blog and even more fun reading the comments from those of you trying to solve the Delaware's many mysteries. Hopefully we'll all get together again when fishing season rolls around next April.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.