My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go - - -
Sadly, reality is starting to sink in. Sat and watched the Syracuse football team beat the UConn football team by one point in overtime. A battle of two stumbling, bumbling teams, because frankly, the dry fly fishing right now is worse. Drove around after the game, which ended after 4:00, and found nothing worth putting the waders on for. There were little brown caddis making their endless journey up river, but absolutely nothing on the water where I stopped.
Smith's Motel on 97 had the NO tacked up next to Vacancy and I think Dave said the Troutfitter was full this weekend. The leaves are at better than 50%, (next weekend should be peak), and are well worth viewing. My drive this evening was a short one, perhaps the bugs and fish went crazy in the low water on the WB, I'm sure there were anglers there giving it a go, but I've found nothing recently to keep me here five days at a time. Have a Dermatologist appointment Monday morning and will stay in Lafayette to pick up Jean on Wednesday. With the deer season open, my fishing normally becomes both intermittent and sporadic.
Have made the decision not to climb trees to deer hunt this year. Will probably hunt out of a tent back home. Had planned on hunting here a bit, but with the fishing at a standstill I'm not sure if I will. Have only crossed two items off the shutdown list so I'll be here from time to time and will report when I fish. Those of you still fishing, please feel free to file your reports, you might even lure me back.
Comments
Post a Comment