Skunk smell in the air

After four days off I was ready to fish.  Driving to the fishing camp the temp hit a low of 43 (too cold for Hendricksons). Decided to try the WB in hopes that the 400 cfs release had slowed the hatch.  Left the camp at 1:45 pm and drove up the Big River and WB stopping at the usual places - saw no bugs and no risers.

Chatted with Hornbeck in Deposit (while buying some hooks) and at 2:45 left to fish.  A burst of sunshine at Hale Eddy started the bugs and fish, I donned my waders and walked down to the stream.  The sun went behind the clouds - the bugs stopped hatching and the fish stopped rising.

Went further downstream hoping for warmer water (air temp up to 52) and found a few  Paraleps and Hendricksons.  Saw one rise and hooked and landed a sixteen inch rainbow (fish of the day).  Blind cast a paralep emerger and rose and hooked two more fish - lost them both. By 5:00 the bugs had quit and so had I.

At least I got the skunk out of my waders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.