Big D back on the menu

Just as it was getting hard to see my cornuta the fish started eating
on top.  Hooked a couple on the cornuta and then had to switch to a
sulfur so I could see it.  The sulfurs were on the water by then
anyway and the fish were more than happy to eat mine.   Over the years
I have noticed that the approval rating of my flies goes up as the
light fades.

Until the summer sulfurs get going in the afternoon  the action seems
confined to the last hour of daylight (again looked for cornutas in
the morning - found nothing). It's not an ideal time to make a trip to
the Delaware as there is a lot of down time.  When the summer sulfurs
get going there is fishing from early afternoon until dark - come
then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.