I'm back tying flies!

I was like a kid on Christmas morning, I didn't know which present to open first. After ten months of nearly uninterrupted maximum releases from both reservoirs, wade fishermen finally had choices. In fact they could wade almost anywhere they wanted.

What did I do? Tried a little of this and a little of that, kept away from the WB (too many boats) and the BK (too many waders). Endured a Kayak turnover and pontoon boats on the UE, one drift boat (very courteous) on the BR and solitude on the BE.

How'd I do? Very well, best day of the season to date by far and sure to be a top five day for the year. Had lots of bugs and rising fish from noon until 5:30 on the UE. Then went to the BE where there were no bugs or rising fish. Finished up on the BR where there were a few bugs and no rising fish. Caught fish at each stop.

On the UE, there were lots of Hendricksons and caddis on the water and the fish were on them - carefully - they have been fished to by drift boaters for the last month and have honed their survival skills. Many of the fish were eating nymphs on the way up, but even smart fish get careless every so often.

We may get a gully washer that starts the reservoirs overflowing again tomorrow, but boy did I enjoy today.

Hope you all did too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.