Sometimes you just meet your match.

After two days of 80ish temps, I left camp about 9:00 looking for a warm weather morning spinner fall. Silly me, temp was 50 with a brisk wind. Fished for about half an hour and headed back to camp to attend to the second dead peach tree.

At 12:30 with the temp in the low 60's but the wind still blowing, I again set out in hopes of finding some rising fish. Concentrated on the UE, BE and BK, all of which are somewhat wadeable. Saw a few march browns and caddis but by 5:00 I had not seen a single fish rise. Talked with several anglers on the BK none of whom had caught, or even seen, a rising fish all day. Only three boat trailers at Harvard and hardly any boats on the BE. Never looked at the WB with it's 3000 CFS of water. The BR out back seemed to be quite clear after yesterday's "Mississippi River" look. Back at camp at 5:30 to cut up the rest of the peach tree and start on the stump (the first one came out yesterday without a struggle).

My plan was to head out about 7:00 (when the wind laid down) and look for spinners. At 7:30 the trees were still rocking and the temp was falling - no spinners tonight. Got in the car anyway and drove up to Buckingham for a "look see". Turned into an empty parking area, (even the puddles on the sides where they park the trailers were gin clear). Drove down to the ramp and watched the wind blow. Rolled down the window and waived my white handkerchief in surrender. It was perhaps the worst skunking I have ever had on the river system and it wasn't for lack of trying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.