Sometimes it don't come easy.

With the weatherman calling for three 90 degree days in a row and the water temp at Lordville 66 degrees I gave the BR one last shot. Fished part way up to Stockport where the temp read 64 on my arrival and 65.5 on my departure. There were a few olives and some spinners, I caught rainbows on both (two each). Was wringing wet by the time I got back to the car at 10:30.

Worked around the camp until 3:30 when I just needed to get into the car and enjoy the air conditioning. Drove up to the UE fully expecting a replay of last nights massacre, which of course didn't happen. Bright sun, a meager hatch of olives and a lot of kayaks saw to that. Was chatting with another UE angler who also had sulfurs last night (5 miles upstream from where I was) when the thunderstorms rolled in. There was more thunder than rain but I had to keep changing pools to dodge the storms. Even a breathable raincoat gave me no joy. The sulfur hatch never happened but the fish fed on sulfur spinners in the fog and weren't too fussy about how well they were tied.

It's the weekend and rte 17 was busy on the way back to camp. The Lumberjack Festival is this weekend and all motels have "No Vacancy" signs hung out. If you are going to be in the area you might be well advised to take in the festival during the midday heat. It's been quite a dry spell for the DRC's fish of the day picture and as I've said before it's not their fault, their guides are among the best, it's just tough fishing right now . If you go, fish tricos or spinners early, take in the festival midday and go out after the sun goes behind the hills and fish 'til dark (it's your best chance).

So You Know - There has been a big thermal release on the WB (release is up to 900) and small thermal releases on both the EB and the Neversink, they are scheduled to continue until late Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.