Tricos, thunderstorms and snow days.

Went out early this morning in search of Tricos. I found some. Not nearly enough to interest the fish but it shouldn't be long. They sent another thermal release down the WB and after the last time I wasn't going to be suckered into waiting for the bugs to hatch and fish to feed.

Back at camp by 10:00, I spent the rest of the morning completing the deer proof fortress around my $7.00 plum tree. Wire fencing, fence posts and tie downs came to $137.95. The deer had a good time eating the tree and are currently not speaking to me.

Declined to go out in the hot sun this afternoon (last night's leg cramps still fresh in my mind).

Left the house at 6:30 in a gathering gloom with distant rumbles of thunder in the background. Drove up the river to Deposit through several downpours. The fog on the WB was so thick you couldn't even see the river. Turned back down 17 toward Lordville and it was black as night (didn't discover that I had my sunglasses on until I got back to camp), it poured like it's never rained before from Deposit to Hancock and then rained steadily all the way back to Lordville. Used one of my left over snow days (you don't use many in Florida) and retired to the back porch to listen to the rain on the roof and watch a doe eye my new fence with disdain.

Assuming the rivers don't get blown out, I'll be back at it tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.