Q and A time.

Chris Z. -  My wife is in your corner.  She has often reminded me that I have to be careful with my humor as not everyone always "gets it". She read the exchange in question and said she could see where someone might think it was being a bit sarcastic (I'm currently running ads in the personal columns for a new wife).  The idea for the offending reply actually was spawned by the a post from several months back where someone (me) hit publish instead of save and a half written unedited blog page was created. I did what I thought was a spoof on corporate America and launched an internal investigation with the promise of terminating the wrongdoer.  The post you have taken issue with was an extension of the idea i.e. the corporation bringing in experts to solve their problems. Never was it my intention to be sarcastic.  The last sentence was the thank you you deserved for a good answer to the question. That said, if you attempt to collect unemployment, Angler 119 will fight you tooth and nail!

Jim V. - I waded the entire way, it's all downhill after all with mostly gravel bottom and no deep water.  Arranged for a ride back up to the car before making the trip.  Your frustration is understandable, you are trying to achieve success in 10 trips. When I first came to the Delaware I'd been fly fishing for over 35 years and thought I was pretty good - got my tail kicked and that was before the invasion of fishermen, guides and drift boats! Not sure of your fly fishing experience but a local small stream fisherman coming  the Delaware is like a little league baseball player starting a game at shortstop and hitting sixth for the Yankees. There are a lot of very good fishermen on the Delaware and a lot of very good guides, and as I've mentioned before, the average fishermen in 2018 caught a trout every four hours he fished.  Keep your chin up.

Jorgen - Thanks for the kind words.  Bill Glavin spent many a night as a guest at the Lordville  Estate.  Being a liberal his picture hangs in the corner above my fly tying bench on the left hand side while arch conservative Les Gillette's (he helped rehab the camp) picture hangs on the right.  Both have gone where fish never refuse a fly  - miss 'em both.

Ed S - Thanks for the RS2 info.  I live in my own little world and the only time I've bought a fly in the last twenty years is when I'm getting info from a shop owner (buy a lot of tying materials though).

Walter and Dennis - Kind words and shared experiences are always welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.