You know it don't come easy.

After my rather full day yesterday I was a little late answering the bell this morning. Savored the new peach jam, had an extra cup of coffee and didn't climb the ladder to paint until almost eleven.  Lunch wasn't until 2:00 and I still had to contact cement felts onto a pair of my wading booties.  Never gave the afternoon sulfurs a thought.  The evening fishing has been so good there was no need to fight the crowds in the hot afternoon sun.

Left camp full of confidence, Sunday and Monday nights I was surrounded by sulfurs and rising fish.  Threw at fish nonstop for almost three hours each night. Since I rarely fish a pool twice in one week those two places were crossed off the list before I started, place three was open but I drove by to check out places four and five (both occupied by multiple fishermen).  Back to number three only to find that the two fishermen that were walking along the road when I first drove by were now in the pool.

Regular readers might recall that I pretty much abandoned the "Sulfur Zone" last year and did just fine. Decided tonight was the night to go downstream, not too far, but far enough to be out of the crowd and still be in the evening sulfurs and a good spinner fall.  Well, there were sulfurs, several of them, if there were spinners they came after I left and they floated a long way to get there.

The fish?  The cowards, they just never showed up.  If a holdover hatchery trout of 14 inches hadn't eaten a blind cast, I'd be up at the Troutfitter's sitting in the "Redemption chair", instead of writing this report.  If you are going to go - go no further downstream then the "17 pool" ( Dream Catchers is at it's downstream end).

Will make a point of trying to find both afternoon and evening sulfur fishing tomorrow.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.