A closed mouth gathers no feet.

It's Saturday night and I can't say I'm sad to see the week end.  It was by far the worst week of the year for me on the river.  We need a good cold rain that raises the rivers and a return to seasonal temps to get the fishing jump started again.

Jack McD - BK is Beaverkill, BE is the East Branch below Jaws (the confluence of the BK and the UE), BR is the Big River a/k/a the Main Stem or The Delaware which is the river from junction pool down to Callicoon. You got the rest figured out.

Jim N -  Three ounces of a Canadian rye, .75 of an ounce of M & R sweet Vermouth, .75 of an ounce of M & R dry Vermouth and a twist of lemon all stirred briskly over lots of ice.  My wife, who is a beer drinker, says the first couple sips taste like lacquer thinner but after your "nips get lum" it's not so bad.  A word to the wise, never ever let more than two lemon twists get together in the bottom of your glass.

Dr. M -  When I finally realized what you were referring to you made sense. I have no TV at camp and am entertained by You Tube videos.  If the world ends on a Monday I won't find out about it until Tuesday. Saw the aforementioned videos as was struck by the irony. The blog is not now and never will be a political forum. Should have ended the paragraph a sentence earlier.

Max - It had to be me.  Hopefully I didn't interfere with your fishing.  Another angler left the parking space the same time as I did and came out at the point below us. Was working my way down toward him when one of the landowners stepped into the river.  Next time say hi!

To all the rest of you who took the time to say nice things about the reports and some less than kind things about Dr. M, thank you ever so much for caring and for the kind words but remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion and once Dr. M clarified things somewhat in his second post, I think most would agree that he had a point. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.