California dreamin'.

With all of the freestones sporting temps that resembled respectable rounds of golf (Bk 77, BE 77, BR 74), and the UE unplayable due to lack of bugs and no rising fish, I had no choice but to take my game to the upper reaches of the WB. At 11:30 there was no waiting time on the first tee. Nor were there any bugs or risers to be seen. Decided to forego the afternoon fishing and get the lawn mowed.

Riding around the yard on the mower was like sitting under a blow torch.  Was soaking wet by the time I was finished. Got the weeks supplies put away (kept all the apples in the pail this trip) and waited for it to cool down.  It never did.

Left camp around 5:45 and drove up to the WB. Decided to fish a bank in the lower portion of the no-kill where I would be at least waist deep in cold water.  Put on a second shirt and was glad I did. There were a few sulfurs and I saw one fish rise in the first hour of fishing. Surprisingly there were four of us lined up within about 150 yards so I had little room to move around. Judging from damp spots I saw on the road it had rained and sure enough there was fog over the water which made it harder and harder to see my fly.  For about half an hour there were several fish that fed on top. Hooked two where I saw both the fly and the rise.  Had two other fish take my fly when the fog was either too thick to see the fly or I was watching the wrong fly. Hooked and landed the two I saw eat the fly.  One was a nice 18 incher.  The two fish that ate what I wasn't looking at, got away with just a sore mouth from an over zealous hook set.

The fishing - For dry fly guys and the guy above me who was nymphing, it's hard to justify a two hour drive (each way) for a half hours fishing.  If you live here or are staying overnight, fish early and late, no one need know what you choose to do mid- day.

Global warming and Covid -19 are just plots by the radical left to get Trump. Thank God we're not in California!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.