Still love that old time rock and roll.

In answer to Jim N's question.  No, when I reread it in the morning all I felt was foolish.  Had to turn on Bob Seger's Old Time Rock and Roll to get the job done.  Then I read the comments and Dennis caught some fish and the rest of you guys said it was helping and I felt it hasn't been a complete waste of time after all.  Started this because my senior year high school english teacher Mrs. Haskins wanted me to be a writer and I thought here's something I can do to both fulfill her wishes and help people to better enjoy the sport I love. The rant came out of frustration.  None of you are consistently catching fish at an improved rate because of the blog. It's either because I don't give good enough information, you are all just big kids who don't pay enough attention and misunderstand what I am saying or success on the Delaware is far more complicated than any of us thought.  I vote for "C".

The fishing? It was much better Sunday than it was today.  I needed to catch sunfish to put in the bass pond in order to restore the balance between predator (bass) and prey (sunfish). A couple years ago the bass pond was teeming with baby sunfish and I removed six or eight big sunfish. Turns out I removed all but one of the mature sunfish and the bass ate every one of the young. No matter how good the remaining adult sunfish is at reproduction even I know there will be no baby sunfish again next year without help.  My guide (Jean) who with her sister Pam has walked every nature trail within ten miles of our home, took me to the old Erie Canal.  It being Labor Day Weekend there were lots of people but there were also lots of sunfish.  We got a five gallon pail full and never hooked anyone on the back cast.  Released them in the pond where two of the unwary were immediately turned into food for the hungry bass. I'm sure several are too big for the bass to eat but if we have to go again Jean say she knows another spot.

Today's fishing left a lot to be desired.  There was a twenty mph wind blowing as I drove down, so I was in no hurry to go fishing. Went out about 5:00 and found lots of angler's at every stop. With the wind dying down and becoming less of I factor I headed to the BR farther downstream than I have been yet this fall.  There was a modest hatch of iso's, no ants and but a handful of both olives and Ephrons. There were some fish, not a lot but enough for one angler to have had a good night if the fish weren't gun shy of isos. Unfortunately they were. The foot path to the river had fresh boot tracks and both houses overlooking the river had lights on when I left. The path down from their houses was cleared of knotweed.  Lost an eight inch rainbow that ate an olive.  Hooked and landed one sixteen inch rainbow that ate an Ephron and never got a sniff from six or eight fish I threw an iso at.  Some fish learn quicker than fishermen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.