Thankfully the big one got away.

 It's Wednesday, all of the storms are painted, some with just primer, some with two coats, others with just one. Jean has again blessed me with a visit. She had lunch with a Florida friend in Honesdale and was to return in time to drop me off at a spot where I have river access but I currently have nowhere to park. Left her the back yard to mow just to keep her from getting bored.

Went out about 2:30 and again tried the BE without seeing a fish or a bug.  Trying to kill time until Jean returned from her lunch date I went to a place on the lower WB,  climbed down a steep bank only to find three wade fishermen had crossed the river and were right in the middle of the pool. Returned to Lordville and while waiting for Jean fished the "Home Pool".  The pool was unoccupied when I got there but I was soon joined by another angler who politely asked if it was OK to join me. This use to be standard ops but is now a rare occurrence, welcomed him to the pool and thanked him for asking.

Both Ephrons (white flies) and isos appear to be over on the BR (at least where I've been fishing).  My waders were covered with brown caddis and it was warm enough for the spinners to do their thing but there were almost no fish rising in the home pool or the pool where Jean dropped me off.  Had enough fish eat blind casts to make it an enjoyable late afternoon/evening of fishing. 

Highlight of the day was an event hopefully witnessed by no one with a camera. Yours truly, while in the process of changing the direction of a cast, managed, for the first time in at least sixty five years, to hook himself inside the nose with a size twelve iso (right up over the barb I might add).  Clipped off the leader, slid the heavy leader into the bend of the hook, pushed down on the eye of the hook and yanked on the leader loop.  Then picked up the floating fly off of the water.  Will be glad to demonstrate the hook removal procedure as long as it's someone else nose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.