Wind knots and tailing loops.

Am back in Lafayette and have found enough time to answer your questions. 

Just an aside before the answers.  Was walking along the BK yesterday, "kinda" following a vague trail in the leg high grass along the shore, eyes on the river looking for risers, when I stepped over a hummock right on to the rear end of a beaver that was happily eating his dinner. Thankfully we both went in different directions and avoided a collision. He swam out to the middle of the stream and with a loud slap of his tail, to let me know what he thought of the encounter.

Dennis - I do all my local fishing with a relatively slow, eight foot Winston four weight (IM6) which they stopped making back in the 90's. Sun, rain, wind or calm, it's the rod I use.

Jim V. - Good to hear of your progress. Rookie years are sometimes tough. Never cut a feather my first year grouse hunting. In my second year I finally center patterned one on a crossing shot at about 20 feet in a cedar swamp, I actually looked around to see if someone else had shot. (The wadding was embedded in the breast meat and the bird made poor table fare but I'll never forget it).

With regard to your question about late evening fishing - There are two colors of water late, black and white (looking towards the western sky). I fish a light colored fly on the black water and a dark colored fly on the white water. Pattern doesn't seem to matter a great deal. Most times I can see the fly, hate to pull if I can't see the fly as it puts the fish down but sometimes it's the only way.  

Either you guys are getting smart or you don't like my answers, only two questions in over a week. Thanks to all who have left their comments, suggestions and reports it makes reading the blog more interesting (at least for me). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.