Wind knots and tailing loops.

Spent the morning waiting for the grass to dry so I could mow it. Takes longer to mow right now because I have to remove 15 support poles that are keeping the peach tree limbs mostly out of reach of the deer. When I'm done mowing I have to prop everything back up again.  The deer are up in the woods watching in hopes that I forget and leave everything down where they can reach it. 

Forgot to mention with the flooded basement distraction, that Jean and I made our sour cherry jam last weekend. From start to finish we did 40 jars of jam in just two and a half hours.  Should probably note that Jean went to the farmers market to get the cherries, bought pectin, lids and sugar, sterilized the jars and had everything layed out before we started the clock.  This week was to be peach jam canning week but the peaches aren't quite ready. 

Last week was when the Chanterelle mushrooms usually come up and with all the flood mitigation work we forgot to look. When I got home today the first thing I did was to walk back to where they come up and there they were, full of worm holes and rotting. 

Dave and Ed S. - Thanks for your added input on western trips, the more information someone has the better chance of a successful trip.

Jim N. - Read your question about rain delay making the fish less picky.  Had just come back from having seven of the ten fish that I rose eat the fly.  Next afternoon I counted 17 refusals with but one ten incher willing to see how my fly tasted. So the answer is maybe. For sure the bigger releases will get more bugs hatching and fish feeding throughout the river.

Jim V. - Would love to have you  post some pictures on the blog page.  Someone,  Dave?  Please give instructions for posting pictures on the blog page. If it can't be done just send them to the Troutfitter and the person in charge of customer relations will see that they are promptly displayed.

Paul & Dennis - Glad to hear you had fishing on Saturday, I was sure the water would be up and colored and didn't want people making long drives based on DRC's "low and clear" report.

Keith and Andy - Thanks for offering to help but there is little anyone can do. I sometimes over react but the consequences of warm water spills can be catastrophic. The reservoirs were ready to spill, thousands of cfs were pouring into the reservoirs and NYDEP had only opened the valves half way. Pepacton is spilling now and Cannonsville will probably also spill. As long as the releases are maxed there is nothing more that can be done. If the valves were opened sooner it would have delayed or possibly prevented the spills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.