And the thunder rolled.

 It's 8:45, pitch black outside (except for the lightning flashes) and I'm sitting here with nothing to do but write a blog page with nothing to say.  Drove down this morning but was too late to fish. Put things away and did a short drive around the area looking for bugs and/or risers, saw neither. Returned to the Lordville Estate before the first afternoon showers hit, did a sudoku and a crossword, may have dozed off for an hour or so, and at about 6:00, when the radar showed the rain to be south of Rte. 17, I headed out hoping to get in a little fishing.  I did.  

Saw no fishermen, bugs or fish on two stops along the BE.  Turned up Rte.30 at the Sunoco station and saw but a couple of cars parked in pull offs below Long Flat.  The Long Flat lot had six cars, Power Line strangely  had only one.  Saw a couple of rises at Pleasant Valley and climbed down the bank and in less than half an hour caught two (12 inch) trout on blind casts, neither of which I saw eat the fly. Was ignored by one riser and refused by the other that I cast at.  With the sky darkening, lightning flashing and the thunder getting louder, I climbed back up the hill and got in the car just before the downpour began.  Drove back to the fishing camp in a hard rain and a fourth of July type fireworks display. When I went by, there was still only one car at powerline, the cars at Long Flat were up to nine. Drove back to camp at no more than 50mph. Passed two cars and was passed by one.  For what it's worth I did get three distinct white smears on the windshield just up stream from the Sunoco station. 

I would like to thank Chris Z. for taking time to answer my question. If  CZ and I were "talking privately", I would enjoy discussing our differences further. In my line of work I learned to like the color gray (or as a Canadian salmon guide once told me when I asked him what color he liked, "I kinda likes plaid".  Unfortunately opposing political view points can't be discussed without alienating family and friends, in politics there are presently only two colors, black and white. I enjoy discussing less controversial subjects where there are opposing views, not to change someone's opinion (which almost never happens) but to maybe, by voicing personal experiences, smooth down the edges on both sides of an issue. 

For those of you reading the blog to increase your vocabulary, a wether is a castrated sheep - you heard it first here.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.