The best laid plans - - - -

 It was my intention to try someplace out of the sulfur zone this morning. Put the tricos in my vest just in case and then stuff just happened. Had some phone calls to make, flies to tie, house cleaning to do and presto 7:00 am became 11:45 and you might as well have lunch and tackle some of the yard work. By 3:30 (I never was going to fish the midday sulfurs anyway) I was ready to go fishing.

 Drove up to Deposit and was gabberflasted by the number of people in the river, some actually fighting fish. Didn't even bother with the red barn drive by, there were too many to count just standing on the iron bridge in town. All roadside pull-offs as well as the fisherman access lots were full of cars. The only number that was lower was the number of drift boats that rowed past me.  

The fishing - Just driving along the river I saw at least half a dozen anglers with fish on and this was after the afternoon hatch.  Neither the fishermen, bugs or fish stopped. I had a run almost to myself  (should I shower more than once a week?) and there were always sulfurs on the water and rising fish to cast to. Did they all eat? No, but almost all acknowledged my presence and enough ate to make it a really good evening to be on the river (as DRC would say).

If you aren't a red barn, powerline pool, or junction pool type of guy, find a couple of hundred yards of river and spend the day fishing it.  There are lots of fish everywhere and if you are out of the "spots" the fish are much more willing to eat your fly, just say'n.    





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.