Where's Ed Smith?

 

Tried to get a rise out of him with the Eagles reference (Peaceful Easy Feeling) but my offering was ignored. One of our most positive, up beat and prolific commenters has gone silent. Back in May he reported having a torn Achilles but, (unlike me with  my intestinal malady), gave no details and has given us no updates. ED, if I'm not mistaken the Achilles tendon does not interfere with writing. Please bring us up to date on your injury. We have missed your reports on the Willow. The Dorothea's will be cranking up in a couple of weeks and we count on you to keep us up to date on the "Sulfur Zone" fishing as well .

With the morning cornuta hatch seemingly over for the year, my zeal for split days had faded. The trouble with that is that the afternoon sulfur hatch is probably still a couple weeks away. Left the Lordville Estate at 2:30 today (after first mowing the grass) and by 6:30 had landed but two fish, one of which ate the fly while I was reeling it in ( please give me credit for not breaking him off when he hit). 

The afternoon was spent on the EB in two places I haven't fished in several years. There were no bugs hatching and no fish rising at either spot. My last stop was at a place where I did well a couple weeks ago. It was also devoid of bugs and rising fish. Sat on a rock a good long while before I even saw a fish rise. It was probably after 8:30 when a few fish started to sip on the surface. Stared at the water around me and saw a few small spinners, a hatching caddis and lots of midges. There were half a dozen fish sipping in rhythm and I was sure they were on the midges. Was positive, when my casts were ignored, but then one ate my tiny little olive. In the remaining minutes of daylight I hooked four nice fish and landed three of them. It made up for the long afternoon, but just maybe I'll try another split day before fishing in the afternoon again.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.