A Fishing Grade Of "GOOD" This Time Of Year Is A Fragile Thing.

 Last Tuesday, I somewhat reluctantly said the fishing was, for me, good. For the week I ended up having two very good days, two OK days and one stinker. This week has started off with another stinker. Why? Well for sure I'm partly to blame. Drove through  Deposit at 10:30, figured I had time to get the food in the fridge, put away the clothes, water the garden and get back up to Deposit in time for the afternoon sulfurs. I did (have the time), but like old people do, I dilly dallied and didn't get back to Deposit until 1:30. Last week that was a half hour before the hatch even started this week it was over, (assuming it happened). Rose three fish, hooked one and lost it (and the two pounds of algae that had built up on the line), in two hours of fishing. 

Drove back to Lordville, harvested four tomatoes and one orange pepper from the garden, read the news on You tube and maybe dozed off for a few minutes. At 6:30 I headed up the PA side of the BR, hoping to find bugs and rising fish at a water level that, while wade able, wasn't ideal. Saw no waxwings, bugs or risers and somewhat reluctantly drove back up to Deposit only to find that "Troutbum" had usurped my spot. Ended up fishing a good sulfur hatch in the fog by 7:15 and had lots of sulfur gulping fish to throw at until I called it quits, turned on my flashlight and waded back to shore, arriving at the car at 8:32 (in case you think summer isn't on the wain). During the hour plus of aiming every cast at a rising fish I hooked four and landed three (one a nice 17 inch rainbow). 

Checked the weather and you will be relived to know that there is neither a tornado watch or a smoke alert. The flood watch, however, may well result in me downgrading the fishing to "forgetaboutit".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

All my life's a circle.

A rational explanation escapes me.