The Hot Air Balloon Sprung A Leak.

 

On the Delaware system you are often brought back down to earth quickly. Went from my best day of the year to narrowly escaping another skunking. Woke this morning sure nothing could derail me. There was the same misty rain as yesterday. Went in to the bench and tied more olives. It wasn't until noon that I looked at the stream flows and realized that most all of the freestone fishing had been taken off the table. The BR was out, as was most of the BK and EB. 

Didn't even venture out until 3:30. Fished a spot on the EB where I could at least get off shore and rose four fish in two hours. One refused (3Xs), one ate just as I was picking up my cast (he got a souvenir), two others ate and I landed one of them, an eleven inch rainbow that was THE fish of the day in more ways than one.

Stopped for an hour on a slow water pool on the BK where I couldn't get more than twenty feet off shore. On my second iso cast I rose the Titanic. He had no intention of eating the fly but boy was he huge. It was the only rise I had or saw despite there being both olives and ants on the water. Quit at 6:30 as my granddaughter's volleyball season starts tonight at 8:00, and I plan on watching (even though she hasn't returned my "Good luck" call) . 

Have a somewhat muddled schedule this coming week. Will not be back to the fishing camp until Tuesday and on Thursday Jean and I may be driving out to Ohio to take in three of our granddaughter's games. Fish the freestones. If you can possibly stay until dark you should. Good luck to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.