Love the sound of silence.

 If you've been reading the reports this week you know that I talked with two fishermen on Monday (one of whom wasn't even fishing).  Did not see a single fisherman on Tuesday and had one boat come by yesterday.  Today I had to go into Hancock to get my archery license so I decided to see if I could find  unoccupied water further upstream.  First stop was a pool on the BE.  The river is too low to float and so far has not had fish or pressure.  Found a few fish that had obviously spent the summer getting their doctorial degree at junction pool. Got four to come up and look at an olive and one to eat an ant which he managed to get rid of as I was reaching for him with my net.

Left the EB fish for someone with better skills than I, crossed over the WB on 191 and headed downstream. Shehawken had seven trailers and as many cars.  There was no one upstream from the ramp and I considered fishing there. Just then two fishermen who were getting geared up when I drove in came walking by.  I asked which way they were going, up or down?  They said they were going up "But if you want to fish up, we'll go down".  Told them it was their pool and to enjoy the day.  Can't believe how nice some people can be. 

Drove from there down to Stockport where 10 cars lined the parking area. Buckingham had about half a dozen trailers and a handful of cars. By then I'd seen enough.  Back down river I went, took a long walk to a pool with no one in it and fished there until it was time to quit.  There weren't the bugs or risers that I had yesterday but I got most of the fish that rose to eat my fly and as luck would have it they let me take the fly out of their mouth.

With the BR at current levels it's a great time to explore it.  Get away from the crowds and the probability that the fish will eat your fly goes way up.  May try down at Callicoon tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.