And there's a blue moon yet to come!

 After seven trips out to my tree stands I'd had enough.  Saw more golden crowned kinglets (2) than deer(1).  With the full moon, the deer are moving at night and have been nowhere to be seen during daylight hours.  Was on the road by 10:00 this morning and in Deposit by 11:30.  The pool below the town bridge was full of both fishermen and rising fish.  You needed a magnifying glass to see the bugs the fish were eating but there were lots of them and the yearling trout were enjoying an early lunch.

Put on my waders and gave it a try.  The trout were zoned in on micro and my size twenty pseudos didn't get a look.  Finally tried a string thing and got both refusals and takes. By 1:00 it was time to go looking for a pseudo hatch. Got on 17 and drove over to East Branch.

From 1:30 until 4:30 I divided my time between the UE and the BK. There were pseudos and rising fish in both places. An 18 inch rainbow from the BK and an 18 inch holdover hatchery brown from the UE ended up sharing fish of the day.  There were lots of bugs and rising fish but finding fish bigger than 10 inches to throw at was a challenge.

At 4:30 I was in the car driving back to Hancock.  Decided to drive down Pa rte 191 to the camp as it provided more access points.  Stopped at Shehawken for a look see, there were olives and rising fish.  Stayed 'til dark.  Hooked a lot of the yearlings and enough better fish to at least partially attone for last week, which was by far my worst of the season.

If the Cannonsville release is not increased, the wade fishermen at 186 cfs have the WB to themselves.  There are pseudos, brown caddis and some isos. The fish are rising from 2:00 'til dark. With the low water they get a good look at everything and a refusal is a compliment.  A take is high praise. I don't expect the low water to last but today was way better than sitting in a tree (even though I love seeing the golden crowned kinglets when they pass through each fall).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.