Winding down.

 Didn't fish today and it didn't bother me a bit.  Why? After four back to back days of the best fall pseudo/iso fishing I have ever had there was no need to punish myself.  Today was that high pressure day that follows the previous frontal system's departure.  It's marked by bright sun, below normal temps, brisk winds and high pressure. The fish just don't like it and are reluctant to rise. Today there were a few clouds, temp never got above 55,  the wi

What did I do?  Sadly, began the shutdown process on the camp.  There's a list two pages long and I take my time, usually the draining of the pipes happens about the end of October. Today I tackled the fly tying room.  With CDC feathers of various colors piled up on the tying bench all season the room never gets a good cleaning.  A vacuum is like a tornado sucking up feathers and blowing those not near it's intake all over the room so I never get the vacuum anywhere near the tying bench.

Got tired of the job around three and took an hours drive, covering all the rivers.  Never saw an angler on the BR but there were two trailers at Buckingham.  Stopped at Shehawken where the wind was funneled down the river channel at over 20mph.  There were bugs and a few splashy risers.  With the wind you couldn't get a fly to land on the water let alone near one of the risers. Drove up the BE where I saw several fishermen doing their best. The UE again had anglers in four of the five pools I would have fished were I fishing.  The fifth pool had white caps. Drove over the mountain to Horton and was surprised by the number of anglers on the BK.  There were bugs on all of the rivers, mostly pseudos and Hebes, I also saw a couple of blown over isos on one of the BK pools.  There were a two risers in one pool on the BK but nothing on the BE, BR and UE. Came back around 4:30 and finished up the fly tying room, shot some arrows and low it was cocktail time.

If things settle down tomorrow, I'll fish and probably head home when the bugs shut down. If it's still windy the bedroom is next on the list. Have obligations that will keep me at home through at least Tuesday so the deer better watch their step. After Tuesday my return will be more weather dependent than anything else.  Have been somewhat remiss in handing out thank yous and answering questions, will attend to that while home.

There are bugs and rising fish on all of the rivers.  Pick a warm, calm day, take a ride and say goodbye, it's a long time 'til Hendricksons hatch. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.