Epilogue.

 Two weeks ago I had the best week of fall fishing I've ever had. That weekend I wrote the "This will be the last time - - " page.  I was totally satisfied with the years fishing (It was the fourth best year I've had fishing the Delaware). I had turned the last page.  It was time to close the book and move on to a new season.  My tree stands beckoned but the deer just weren't moving and I was bored.  With the camp closure process only partly completed I decided to come back down fish in the afternoons and finish closing up the camp.

I've got most all of the work done (the gutters and raking will have to wait for my neighbors Norway Maple to shed its leaves about November 15th) but I'm  done fishing for the year. Left camp about two today and I knew by the time I got to Cadosia that I wasn't going to fish.  Drove around the river system for two hours taking in the beautiful hillsides of red and white oak that are now at their peak color.  It was in the mid seventies with a south wind of seven to ten.  The pseudos were nowhere to be seen. They like it cold and nasty. Found fishermen on all of the rivers (four standing in the Lordville riff) but saw no bugs on the water and an 8 inch trout in the UE the only riser.  Will wash the kitchen floor tomorrow and head home in time to sit in a tree in the evening.

Negotiations with the Troutfitter for rights to next years blog are currently at an impasse. I'm holding out for the right to have my morning edits transferred to their page instead of having everyone see my perfect Manhattan impaired typos.

Note to Frank Lee - Would love to trade stories about Roy Ryan. Give Dave or Rick at the Troutfitter a call they will put you in touch.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to contribute to the blog this season, it made it " A better place to be".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.