Two Out of Three Ain't Bad.

When I retired over 20 years ago there was no further use for an almost full box of business cards.  They sat untouched on a shelf in the closet for several years. Was about to toss them away when I thought of a way to use them.  They are small, sturdy and the back side is blank just perfect for recording the size of the fish I catch.  Have been using them for years (in fact they are almost gone).

Well, last year I closed out the season on November 10th, with what was my best ever catch of fish for any day in November.  The catch itself wasn't remarkable but for November it sure was.  The details of the catch were duly recorded on one of my old business cards.  It was the end of the season.  Hung the vest in the closet (with the card still in it) and went to Florida for the winter.

This April, after returning from Florida, the vest (with the old business card from November still in the left hand top pocket), was hung on the hook inside the rear door on the driver's side.  On April 18th, I fished a great Hendrickson hatch.  Caught my first fish of the year (along with a whole bunch more, all of them huge).  Because I forgot to put a new business card in my vest, the catch was recorded on the same card as the November catch of 2020.  Both catches turned out to be "best evers" for the month in which they were caught.

Today (it being the first day I've fished in May), I put the card back into the top left hand pocket of my vest.  Hey, you just never know.  Alas, it just wasn't meant to be.  At 7:30 tonight the only fish recorded for the day was a 16 inch hatchery brown.            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.