You know it don't come easy.

 Didn't fish last Friday. Our granddaughter's volleyball team was hosting a tournament and they were streaming the games. Turned out to be six hours of volleyball Friday (both matches went five sets) and another two and a half hours for the third match on Saturday. At 8:00pm Saturday I was back watching Syracuse beat UConn in football. 

Would liked to have fished in the misty rain on Sunday but I had things to do back home and today was predicted to be a carbon copy. It wasn't. Drove down this morning with fog covering the tops of the hills. Goldenrod is in bloom and the roadsides and overgrown fields are a bright yellow. The recent rains have greened up burnt lawns and meadow mushrooms have sprung up everywhere. Had a batch with a venison steak on Friday at the camp and Jean cooked up some more on Saturday, we had them as hors d'oeuvre and then with a really good strip steak.

Arrived at the fishing camp about 11:30 this morning in a  humid, hazy sunshine. Got everything put away, had lunch and at 1:30, set out to fish. Decided to try the BK, both because I'm sick of fishing just the WB and to see if there are any fish in the pools after the big rise in the water level. There were -  a few. Fished five pools from Horton down and caught fish in all but one (if you count the fall fish I caught in one of the pools).  It wasn't great but if I hadn't lost four fish it would have been good.

At 5:00 I drove back to Hancock and stopped to fish the lower WB just to see if there were any bugs (there were not), a drift boat came by and the guide reported that it had been a tough day with just a very few olives on the water. In five minutes of fishing I hooked a 13 inch brown, a 15 inch rainbow and got a refusal. For the rest of the hour I was there I got nothing. Saw no bugs or risers. 

Drove down to the BR and had a strange last hour. Hooked and lost two nice fish and landed a 15 inch rainbow all without seeing a  rise. There were a few white flies in the air but I saw no other bugs. When it was evident nothing was going to happen I started  wading back upstream towards where I parked. I heard em before I saw 'em but the fish started to feed, some within ten feet of me. At that hour most were not fussy and if I made a good cast they ate.  Got to the car at 8:00. Look outside at eight tomorrow night if you think I quit too early

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.