A great day - - - to work in the garden.

With high pressure and a piping wind out of the north it was a great day to do yard work.  Spent the early morning hours watching the WNST play the Netherlands.  Soccer is the only sport I know that has not yielded to the TV ad men.  They play two 45 minute halves and stop the clock for nothing. The US won a thriller in a shootout after ending two overtime periods tied 2 -2. 

Spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon out in the yard cutting down more Norway Maple limbs, killing sedge nut and shooting my bow. Devoted about half an hour to mixing up a new batch of fly float. Last night I had to put on a new fly after every fish as the flotant gummed up the cdc and the flies sank like the Titanic.  About 4:00, after a short nap, I got in the car and took a drive. Saw two monarch butterflies crossing route 17 from north to south sailing on the 20 mph wind.  Are they heading for Mexico already?

Stopped at the pool on the BK where I met both trout and isos just last week.  Today the isos showed up but the trout were no where to be seen.  Stood on the bank and watched waxwings pick off every iso (all of which were being blown up stream at 20 mph) with ease. Quite an aerial display. Drove on taking a few turns I'd never taken before and ended up in Beaverkill, no not the stream, the place.  When I did get to the Beaverkill it was running in the wrong direction!  Did a U-turn and retraced my tracks back to Hancock arriving about 6:30.

The fishing -  Don't think it mattered where you fished tonight but if it did, I was clearly in the wrong place.  The wind died, a very few olives and some caddis hatched but the fish paid no attention. A couple three year olds kept me from a skunking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my life's a circle.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK HOME AGAIN!

A rational explanation escapes me.